Monday, October 5, 2009

The World is changing

Wow, did not realize it's been since summertime I wrote something here. Have moved out of prison work, had a disagreement with the folks at the top in Pittsburgh. They wanted me to change my style of management which is is definately a NOCANDO!" issue. So we decided to part amicably. The healthcare field is way to small to be burning bridges so I always try to be sure I keep my thoughts to myself and just get a little editorial. Am now the new Administrator for Hardy Wilson Memorial Hospital in Hazlehurst, MS. It's a small town 30+ miles south of Jackson. The hospital was built in 1950 so is 1 year older than me. You know how broke down I am so .... There are plans to build a new hospital and I imagine that will be the one thing that fills up most of my time once we hit that point. Everyone I have met in the hospital is great, they are very welcoming which is good, and is hard when someone new is coming in and you don't know what that person is going to focus on, are they going to "clean house," and get rid of people are bring new people in , cut services, God knows what. I've been there but have always been pleasantly surprised at whomever the replacement was and have been able to increase my knowledge of healthcare admin through what that person knows. So am looking forward to whatever happens day to day and at this point in life that is a good place to be. I have always said I will never be able to retire thanks to 9/11 and the stupid real estate lenders creating a lousy economy and sucking up a ton of retirement money which I did not have a lot of anyway! None-the-less is I have to die at my desk this seems like a pretty good place to go, except they have their own EMS group which would probably just have fun shocking my carcass long after I was gone!! Peace y'all

No comments: